Come to one of the Interior’s longest running career fairs and meet regional and national employers, learn about the programs offered by Okanagan College, and enter to win great prizes. Career Fair offers a great chance to talk to several employers, career and education professionals and explore options, whether you're trying to decide which program you want to take, which career you want to pursue or you're looking for a job. Click here to view the Career Fair program and find out what's happening.
Fun events for the whole family are taking place all day. Admission and parking are free!
Apply for any program during Career Fair on Nov. 5 and be entered to win a semester's tuition up to $2,500.
*some conditions apply
*To qualify to enter for this prize, students or prospective students must apply on Nov. 5, 2017 in person or electronically to a program offered by Okanagan College during the 2017-18 or 2018-19 academic year, for admission in that same time period. The credit can only be applied to the winning person's tuition (not towards other fees), and only to a maximum of one semester's tuition, not to exceed $2,500. The credit may only be used for one registration. The prize is non-transferable.
For more information, please contact Michelle Lowry at 250-862-5473 or email@example.com
Register Now - If you would like to participate as a career advisor/exhibitor--to answer questions and provide information about your organization, network and recruit employees--please fill in the registration form. We will contact you closer to Career Fair with your exact location in the fair.
If you are Okanagan College staff or faculty and would like to register, click here.
You're a Goal Setter
You're a goal setter who's focused on results. You have energy, drive, and enthusiasm. You're ready to become a Sun Life Financial advisor! Today's challenging economy means Canadians need financial advice more than ever. As an advisor with Sun Life Financial, you can help those in your community achieve lifetime financial security. Manage your business for yourself, but not by yourself! Sun Life Financial offers exceptional training and support, competitive compensation, and ongoing recognition for your achievements. To find out more about this great opportunity and meet with a local financial centre manager, visit www.sunlife.ca/careers. This could be the start of something great!
Presenter: Sun Life Financial
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Location: Room E103, Centre for Learning
Do you have a son or daughter who will be entering post-secondary soon?
Freshman 15 - What you need to know before starting post secondary
Presenter: Blake Edwards - Okanagan College Recruitment and Events Coordinator
Time: 1 p.m.
Location: Lecture Theatre room S104
This information session will go over the top 15 points that parents and students should know before starting post secondary. There will be plenty of time for questions and answers.
- Understanding post-secondary options, terminology and processes
- How to access scholarships, bursaries and awards
- How to apply for student loans
- Dual credit and concurrent enrolment options
- Transferring within BC
- Application process - how it works at Okanagan College
- How to make the most of the services available
How the Okanagan College Career Fair will benefit you:
- Provides first-hand information about specific occupations and education options.
- Designed to help you develop or change your career path.
- Promotes opportunities for informed career and educational planning.
- Shows you how others did it - why they chose their fields, how they got there and what they like or dislike about their work.
- Enables you to network and make valuable contacts.
- Builds your self confidence in an informal atmosphere.
- Connects employers with employees.
- Because an estimated 80 per cent of positions are not advertised, but are filled through word of mouth or personal contacts, speaking directly to people already working in the field increases your chance of success.
Who Should Attend?
- are in secondary school
- are unemployed
- are looking for your first job
you should attend.
you should attend.
- are enrolled in post-secondary school
- are looking for post-secondary education opportunities
- are interested in networking with employers in your field of interest
- have work and life experience but want to make a career change
- have children in high school or post-secondary
- want to find out more information about local industry
you should attend.