Campus to Campus Run
Campus to Campus Run & Celebration
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Join us for a scenic half marathon and relay run between the campuses of the University of British Columbia Okanagan and Okanagan College.
This "rules of the road" run will commence at UBCO at 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 4. From there, runners will follow a 21.1 km route down the Okanagan Rail Trail to the Waterfront Trail, before finishing up at the College’s Kelowna campus on KLO Rd.
Not a runner? Join us for the post-run party at Okanagan College!
- Gourmet BBQ prepared by OC's Culinary Arts program
- Tastings by local wineries and craft breweries
- Music and prizes
CLICK HERE to register online for:
Individual registration - $25 in advance online, or $35 on run day.
Relay registration - $100 per four person team ($25 per person). Teams must register in advance online only.
Celebration-only ticket - $15 in advance online here or at the door.
Course map - click here to see the route
Call for volunteers
Want to be a part of this exciting event but not sure about running? Support a different side of the run experience by volunteering. Click here and look for the volunteer registration option. Event volunteers will enjoy free admission to the post-run celebration!
Parking and transportation
There will be subsidized parking at UBCO for 24 hours in G lot. Guests can use the $2 Event Rate that will be displayed on the pay stations only (at UBCO). Payment will cover for 24 hours and allow overnight parking if required.
Parking for the celebration will be free at Okanagan College. Attendees can park in any visitor or staff parking lots.
Looking to return to UBCO after the run to collect your vehicle? BC Transit runs the #8 bus between the two campuses. Find the schedule here.
What does "rules of the road" mean?
This run does not take place on a closed course, so runners must follow all pedestrian ‘rules of the road’:
- In urban areas, stay on pedestrian travel routes where possible (sidewalks, crosswalks, trails).
- Follow traffic signals/signage and always be aware of the surrounding area. Watch for turning vehicles as you approach intersections as they may only be paying attention to vehicular traffic, not pedestrian traffic.
- Make eye contact with vehicle operators before crossing (look for their acknowledgement; wave if necessary). Look both ways when crossing.
- Avoid jaywalking. At intersections, don’t try to race pedestrian crossing lights – wait until the next light cycle if the pedestrian symbol is flashing orange.
- There will be water available at relay stations and St. John’s Ambulance will be at the finish line of the race
Thank you to our 2020 campus to campus run partners and sponsors!