Snow and Ice Removal
- Parking lots and roads are cleared by local contractors who monitor weather patterns to aid in the pro-active application of liquid ice melting solutions.
- Our policy is to remove as much snow and ice as possible early in the day - to allow the sun to heat up the black-top surfaces and encourage the melting of any remaining snow or ice.
- Where additional melting is required, we use magnesium chloride for its environmental qualties when compared to other products.
- We also make sure to stay educated as to any improvements in technology or practices.
- Staff clear snow away from buildings, sidewalks are cleared onto roadway to assist in the removal of snow. All access, both vehicular and pedestrian is free from obstruction.
- The college staff receive seasonal Operational Guidelines on November 1st each year. They remain in effect until April 1st of the following year (or shortly thereafter dependent on weather conditions).
- The guideline includes a calendar unto which information is noted about daily weather conditions and appropriate actions taken.
- As each season ends, all records are gathered and filed.