- Safety glasses or goggles must be worn at all times. Prescription glasses may be adequate. Consult your instructor. If contact lenses are worn in the laboratory, goggles must be worn.
- No food or drink is allowed in the laboratory at any time.
- Chemical spills must be reported to the instructor immediately. Clean up of any spills must be overseen by an instructor. Spills on oneself are critical. Immediately rinse with cold water while the instructor is contacted.
- No chemicals or equipment may be removed from the laboratory.
- Personal Protective Equipment must be utilized in the laboratory.
||All employees and students working in laboratories shall wear closed toe footwear.|
||Strongly recommended. The wearing of a lab coat is mandatory for anyone wearing shorts.|
||Should be worn when necessary, if in doubt, contact instructor.|
- No student should attempt unauthorized experiments in the laboratory.
- Students must not use the laboratory in the absence of an instructor or without permission.
- All injuries must be reported to your instructor. If first aid is required, contact the Occupational First Aid Attendant through the emergency number for your campus.
- Store and dispose of chemicals in an appropriate manner. If in doubt contact your instructor.
- Make yourself familiar with the operation and location of:
- emergency shower/eyewash fountain
- fire extinguishers
- fire blankets
- all exits
- gas shut-off valve
For further information on the WCB Regulations specific to Laboratories, see WCB Regulations, Part 30.