Emergency Evacuation Procedures as noted below, are posted at all fire alarm pull stations and all bulletin boards on all campuses.
All occupants are to be acquainted with the fire alarm signal and emergency instructions and should react in accordance with the posted fire and emergency orders, and follow the directions of the Emergency Wardens or Physical Plant employees.
DISCOVERY OF A FIRE
- Anyone detecting a fire is to immediately proceed to the nearest fire alarm pull station and activate the alarm.
- Contact Emergency Personnel by calling 9-1-1 (9-9-1-1 from an inside line).
- Attempt to extinguish the fire using fire extinguishers ONLY if the fire is small and NOT between you and the exit.
- Vacate the building using the nearest exit and do not re-enter the building until permitted to do so by an authorized official.
HEARING ALARM BELLS
- Immediately leave the building using the nearest available exit (leave in a brisk and orderly manner). Do NOT use elevators.Follow directions of Okanagan College Emergency Wardens, Building Officials and Firefighters.When outside, remain clear of buildings and emergency equipment.
- Do not re-enter the building until permitted to do so by an authorized official