IF YOU HAVE BEEN HURT OR BECOME ILL WHILE PERFORMING WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Call First Aid (6699 or 250.862.5401) and inform your supervisor
- If you are unable to return to work due to the workplace injury or illness, please seek additional treatment (medical clinic, hospital) and inform your supervisor of your absence.
- Apply for worker compensation by calling 1 888 967 5377, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. WorkSafeBC will ask you detail of the incident that caused your injury, your earning information if you missed work, as well as your health care provider information.
IF YOUR EMPLOYEE HAS BEEN HURT OR BECOMES ILL FROM WORK ACTIVITIES OR DUTIES YOU ASKED THEM TO PERFORM:
- Contact First Aid immediately (6699 or 250.862.5401) and ensure no one else can get injured or sick (secure scene, lock-out the equipment, stop the activity)
- If the employee is unable to return to work due to the workplace injury or illness, arrange for transportation to additional medical treatment (taxi or ambulance) and inform Health & Safety (email@example.com or 250-862-5648).
- If this incident caused or had potential to cause a serious injury or a serious illness, the regulations require an investigation report be submitted to WorkSafeBC within 48 hrs. This requirement does not apply to a vehicle accident occurring on a public street or highway. Contact Health & Safety immediately.
- Be prepared to consider alternate or modified duties in order to facilitate the employee’s return to work.
Health & Safety Incident Report - online report for students and employees (myOkanagan login information required)
Health & Safety Incident Report - printable form for visitors