Guidelines for Vendor Direct Deposit
The purpose of this guideline is to provide a consistent and reliable process for setting Okanagan College vendors up to receive electronic payments via direct deposit.
Vendors with whom we do business on a regular basis (ie. once per month or more) will be given the option to provide Okanagan College (OC) with their bank account information to enable OC to deposit vendor payments directly into their account of choice. Payments will be deposited on Friday, either of the week in which the due date falls or sooner.
Vendors will be sent a letter from OC along with our Vendor Bank Account form advising them of this option.
To setup a vendor for direct deposit
- Speak to the Manager, Payroll & Accounts payable prior to initiating discussions with a vendor
- Send a template letter to the vendor notifying them of the option to be paid via direct deposit (see note below)
- Have the vendor complete a Vendor Bank Form and submit it to email@example.com (see note below)
- Have the Accounts Payable Business Analyst or Manager setup the banking information and email notification in Banner (GXADIRD and GOAEMAL) once the form is returned (see Setting up Vendor Direct Deposit Information Guidelines) (see note below)
- Scan and file the Vendor Bank Form for future reference
- The template letter will be maintained by Financial Services and can be requested for any regular vendor. Finance will determine the appropriateness of the request.
- The Vendor Bank Form will be available on myOkanagan > Employee tab > OC Express – Forms > Finance.
- The related guidelines will be posted on the Finance webpage for reference.
Updated April 1, 2015