Information for Exiting Employees

Final Paycheque(s)
In most circumstances, you will receive your final paycheque on regularly scheduled OC paydays. If you do not have direct deposit, you will need to make arrangements with your department to receive your final paycheque(s).


Leave Balances
All unused vacation entitlements will be paid out on your final paycheque. No payment is given for unused sick leave.


You may leave your pension contributions on deposit with the College Pension Plan or the Municipal Pension Plan. You will receive all your pension options directly from the BC Pension Corporation.

BC Medical / Extended Health / Dental
Coverage will terminate on your last day of work.

  • Medical Services Plan (MSP) 1-800-465-4911  All residents of BC must enroll with MSP. You will be contacted by the Medical Services Plan directly regarding your premiums and payment options. Please review the Notice to Terminating Employees for more information.
  • You may have the option of applying for individual Health and Dental coverage with guaranteed acceptance as long as you apply within 60 days of termination of group plan coverage. Full details regarding Manulife's individual coverage options may be found at or by calling 1-877-COVERME. 

    Please note that any outstanding claims must be submitted to Manulife within 90 days of termination of your benefits.

Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long-term Disability
Under the Manulife contract, you have 31 days following termination of group plan coverage during which you are entitled to convert to an individual Life Insurance policy without any requirement for proof of health. If you are considering other options, please keep the 31 day contractual deadline in mind as this is strictly enforced. For more information about applying for conversion of your group life coverage to an individual policy, contact Manulife Financial Customer Service Centre toll-free at 1-800-268-6195.


Keys / ID Card / College Property
Prior to your separation date, you will need to provide your supervisor with your OC ID card and all OC property that is in your possession including keys, equipment, pager, etc.


Tuition Reduction
Your eligibility for further tuition reduction benefits ceases on your date of separation.


Employment Insurance
To request a record of employment, please contact the Payroll office at (250) 762-5445, extension 4233 or 4473.  Payroll will prepare and upload an electronic record of employment (ROE) directly to Service Canada on your behalf.  Please contact Service Canada toll free at 1-800-206-7218 with any questions you may have regarding Employment Insurance (EI).

A T4 will be issued by February 28 of the following year and will be mailed to your last known address.  Please ensure Okanagan College is apprised of any address changes until you receive your final T4.


If you have questions or need additional information, please contact your HR Advisor