Teaching at Okanagan College
Okanagan College Faculty Association (OCFA)
The Okanagan College Faculty Association represents certain faculty members of Okanagan College . The Association serves to maintain and promote the professional status of its members, to regulate relations between its members and the College through collective bargaining and to function as a trade union pursuant to the laws of British Columbia.
BCGEU Vocational Instructors
The BC Government and Service Employees Union (BCGEU) represents the Vocational Instructors of Okanagan College . The Union serves to maintain and promote the professional status of its members, to regulate relations between its members and the College through collective bargaining and to function as a trade union pursuant to the laws of British Columbia.
Teaching Related Support and Resources
- The Teaching, Learning and Technology Centre provides a variety of resources including information about Booking Audiovisual Equipment, Online labs, Videoconferencing and LearnLinc Software Schedule as well as Workshops on a variety of subjects, such as: WebCT, videoconferencing, PowerPoint and LearnLinc.
- Learn Linc is an innovative, e-learning environment in which students and instructors interact in real time via the internet or an intranet. Students and instructors use two LearnLinc components – the Virtual Campus and the Virtual Classroom.
- The Book Store provides services specifically for Faculty including information about the importance of ISBNs, bookstore terminology, and submitting textbook adoptions.
- Explore OC's Library Services for Faculty including information about Borrowing and Fines, obtaining a Faculty Library Card, Library Catalogue and Database Access, Faculty Borrowing Policies and Inter-library loans as well as information about Course Reserves and Media Booking.
- Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement
- Electronic Journals, Magazines and Newsletters
- Copyright and Intellectual Property