Aboriginal Programs & Services
The purpose of Aboriginal Student Services is to provide easy-access resources and a friendly environment to assist aboriginal students in reaching their maximum potentials. This involves bridging the gap between cultures and enhancing each aboriginal student's participation and success in Okanagan College programs.
Come to the Aboriginal Student Centre!
- Sunoka Building PE C13 - a friendly social environment with computer access. Come to work on your assignments or just socialize and relax!
Aboriginal Transitions Planner - Penticton Campus
Marcy Trotter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
250-492-4305 Ext: 3280
| Aboriginal Student Mentors
Name and Hours to be Announced in September
250-492-4305 Ext: 3261
- Okanagan College aboriginal student mentors provide information and personal support to aboriginal students. They can be found in the Aboriginal Student Centre, local 3261.
- First Nation students interested in being a part of the Okanagan College Students Union (OCSU) should talk to Marcy or visit the OCSU Office (Sunoka Building PE C14).
- Students in need of academic advising can make an appointment at Ashnola or the Centre of Excellence reception.
Aboriginal Services Coordinator, Anthony Isaac
Anthony's office is at the Kelowna campus, but makes visits to the Penticton campus. Call or e-mail Anthony any time if you need assistance, or if you would like to make an appointment. His local is 4322 and e-mail address is email@example.com. When in Kelowna, drop in to say "Hello" at his office, S124C, in the rear of the Aboriginal Student Centre in the Student Services building.
For more information please visit the Aboriginal Programs & Services website.
- Potluck dates will be posted and reminders will be sent out
- Bring your favorite food and meet other students
- Everyone welcome!