Okanagan College Family Award Details
OKANAGAN COLLEGE FAMILY AWARD
The number and amount of awards will vary, depending on the available funds each year, the number of eligible applicants, and their program of study. The award amount may be up to 25% of the recipient's tuition, to a maximum of $1,000 in any 12-month period.
1) Canadian citizen or permanent resident
2) Immediate family member (child, stepchild, grandchild or spouse) of a continuing (regular) Okanagan College employee
3) Enrolled in any year of an eligible program: university studies, degree, or diploma program; vocational, trades or health certificate program; full or part-time Continuing Studies Certificate program; apprenticeship program
4) Registered in a minimum 60% course load
5) Not on academic probation
6) No outstanding fees
The awards will be administered throughout the year, with the following three deadlines:
• Programs or terms starting between January 1 and March 31: Deadline February 28
• Programs or terms starting between April 1 and August 14: Deadline June 30
• Programs or terms starting between August 15 and December 31: Deadline October 31
The award will be advertised by way of an e-mail to members of OCAD (Okanagan College Administrative Assistants Development Group) for distribution to all employees in their areas with a copy of the application form attached, and will be promoted in Inside Okanagan.
Application forms are available to download in My Okanagan>OC Express – Forms>Foundation. The number of awards and amounts (up to the maximum) will be determined at each deadline and will be based on the number of eligible applicants.
The awards will be administered by the Financial Aid & Awards Office and governed by the policies and procedures of the Okanagan College Foundation.
Revised December 2018