Effective for Fall 2018
You tried to register for a course and it's full. What happens next? You may waitlist through your myOkanagan account for a course. View the videos below for How-to Join a Waitlist or How-to Register for a Waitlisted Course.
How-to Join a Waitlist How-to Register for a Waitlisted Course
To view in full screen click the icon on the bottom right of the video.
I am waitlisted for my course. What does that mean?
- You are not registered in the course.
- You are not charged for the course.
- Your name will not be on the class list.
- Attendance in class is not permitted.
I am on the waitlist. How do I get into my class?Waitlist dates are set by the Registrar’s Office.
|Starting on July 30, 2018||Available seats will be offered to the next eligible student on the waitlist. You will be notified by email, which will advise you of your deadline date and time to pick up your seat online or in person. Remember this offer is time sensitive. Should you not pick up the seat it will be made available to the next eligible student on the list.
Waitlisting for classes in the winter term will end Jan 15th 2019.
Effective Jan 17th 2019 any seats remaining will be offered on a first-come, first served basis as of 8:30 a.m.
Where do I claim my seat online?
- Login to your myOkanagan account, navigate to the Student page > Online Services > Registration > Add or Drop a Course > Select Web Registered from the drop down menu next to the course.
- View the how-to video at the top of this page.
What else do I need to know?
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when you are given a seat. Remember to add this email address to your safe sender list.
- "Wait List" indicates you are waitlisted for the course.
- Students are encouraged on a regular basis to login to myOkanagan and check the status of their waitlisted courses (at least once a day during the waitlist period). Telephone inquiries regarding your waitlists will not be accepted.
- Arts/Science students may register and/or waitlist in a combined total of courses not exceeding 18 credits.
- You cannot be registered in one section of a course and waitlisted in another section of the same course.
- Further information can be found in the Course Waitlist Policy section of the Calendar.