Course Equivalency Requests
Students who have attended Okanagan College in the past may request course equivalency once they have accepted their offer of admission to a subsequent program.
- Course equivalency may be re-assessed upon admission to another program.
- Courses to be considered must have been successfully completed.
- If course equivalency is granted, it may be used as a prerequisite unless otherwise indicated.
- Okanagan College reserves the right to deny course equivalency for courses completed 10 or more years before the date of application.
- If you are registered in a course for which equivalence is granted, you must submit a Course Change/Withdrawal form to the Registrar’s Office. Withdrawal from a course is not automatic.
- Evaluation services prior to admission are currently not available.
- There is no evaluation fee.
Please note, the deadlines for requesting course equivalencies are:
- July 15 for the Fall semester
- November 15 for the Winter semester
- March 15 for the Summer semester
Students requiring course equivalency to be assessed for graduation should submit their request as early as possible in order to prevent any delays in processing graduation.
Please submit a Course Equivalency Request form, signed by the Chair of the program you are commencing, to the Registrar’s Office (Kelowna) or Administration Office (Vernon, Salmon Arm, Penticton).