Sponsorship, RESPs and more


If you are sponsored to come to school, by an employer, Band, or government agency for example (the sponsorship must be from a third party – it cannot be a relative), your sponsor must provide a letter to Okanagan College. Okanagan College will use this letter to bill your sponsor.

The sponsor letter should contain the following:

  • Full legal name as you are registered at Okanagan College. If you are registered under a different name this will make it difficult for us to determine who the sponsorship is for.
  • Your student number.
  • What type of charges the sponsor is willing to pay on your behalf providing as much detail as possible. These charges could include the non-refundable tuition deposit, tuition fees, mandatory fees, student association fees, books, supplies, material fees or any other billing items.
  • The maximum allowable amount the sponsor is willing to pay per term (if there is a maximum).

The sponsor should also send a copy of the letter to you, so you have a copy on file if you need to show it to the Registrar’s office or Bookstore.

Note: Information will not be released to your sponsor without an information release form signed by you.

All sponsorship letters and documentation can be faxed or mailed to (regardless of the campus you will be attending):

Okanagan College
1000 KLO Road
Kelowna, BC V1Y 4X8
Fax: 250-862-5479

All sponsorship letters should be submitted to Finance prior to the fee payment deadline. Your sponsor will then be billed at a later date.


If you have a Registered Education Savings Plan and wish to access it to pay for your education at Okanagan College, please contact the financial institution that holds your RESPs and inquire what documentation they require from us such as Proof of Enrolment.

Requests for Proof of Enrolment letters signed by the Registrar and all forms that require Okanagan College's input should be submitted to (please allow 7-10 business days for completion):

Okanagan College
1000 KLO Road
Kelowna, BC V1Y 4X8
Fax: 250-862-5466

or via email: registration@okanagan.bc.ca

Please include the following in all requests: your name, student number, phone number and the program you are or will be attending as well as instructions what we should do with the completed letter and/or forms (fax or mail to the bank/institution, fax or mail to you or hold for pick up at one of our campuses - please specify which one if applicable).


  Institution  What you will need incl. forms
Become a Student Heritage Education Funds
Toll free: 1-800-739-2101

Official Transcript and Heritage Verification of Enrolment Form Download Centre

Become a Student  USC Education Savings Plans
Toll free: 1-800-363-7377
USC Verification of Enrolment Form
Become a Student  Canadian Scholarship Trust Plan 
Toll free: 1-877-333-7377

CST Verification of Enrolment Form:
Log in to download

Become a Student  Bank of Montreal
Toll free: 1-800-665-7700
Proof of Enrolment letter
Become a Student  TD Canada Trust
Toll free: 1-866-222-3456
Proof of Enrolment letter 
Become a Student CIBC
Toll free: 1-800-465-3863 
Proof of Enrolment letter 
Become a Student National Bank
Toll free: 1-888-483-5628 
Proof of Enrolment letter 
Become a Student Royal Bank 
Toll free: 1-800-769-2511 
Proof of Enrolment letter 
Become a Student Scotiabank 
Toll free: 1-800-472-6842 
Proof of Enrolment letter 


Funding Agencies

If you are dealing with outside agencies please note that these agencies are not sponsors as such and you will be required to complete their application form.

Information that is required to complete the forms can be found on our website (see detailed information on your program in the online Calendar and find fees and costs in the Tuition Fees (PDF).