Okanagan College Emergency Bursary Program
Students who might otherwise have difficulty completing their studies by reason of financial hardship may be eligible for an emergency bursary. A bursary is non-repayable assistance granted to a student who is progressing satisfactorily in their OC credential program and who demonstrates that they need financial assistance to complete their study period.
As emergency bursary funds are limited, preference will be given to those students who demonstrate that they have exhausted all other sources of financial assistance, including government student assistance.
To be considered for an emergency bursary, students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
1) Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
2) Be enrolled and attending an Okanagan College credential program (degree, diploma or certificate);
3) Be in good standing as per the Okanagan College Student Conduct Policy, not on academic probation and not have outstanding fees; and
4) Attending class on a regular basis and progressing satisfactorily
1) Complete the attached emergency funding application form in full.
2) Make an appointment with a Financial Awards Assistant by contacting Financial Aid & Awards.Hours of operation are 8:30am – 4:30pm. Summer hours of operation are 8:00am – 4:00pm. Telephone: (250) 862-5419 Toll-free (in BC): 1-800-767-5492
3) Bring any relevant documentation to the interview which supports your request for an emergency bursary (e.g. copy of medical prescription, eviction notice, utility disconnection notice, etc.).
4) If your request for an emergency bursary is approved, a cheque will be available for pick-up at a predetermined time from the Student Services Welcome Centre at the Kelowna Campus, or the campus administration office in Penticton, Vernon or Salmon Arm. Photo ID is required to pick up the cheque.