Aboriginal Emergency Assistance Fund
The Aboriginal Emergency Assistance Fund has been established by the Ministry of Advanced Education to assist Aboriginal students in emergency situations causing unexpected financial hardships
To be considered for the Aboriginal Emergency Assistance Fund, students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
1) Be an Aboriginal student enrolled full-time or part-time in any program at Okanagan College;
2) Demonstrate financial need;
3) Be in good standing, attending class on a regular basis and progressing satisfactorily. Exceptional circumstances that prevent students from being in good standing or attending will be considered on a case by case basis;
1) Download and complete application in full.
2) Contact the Aboriginal Transition Planner at your campus, Click here for details.
3) Provide any relevant documentation that supports your request for emergency assistance (e.g. copy of medical prescription, eviction notice, utility disconnection notice, etc.).
4) Once reviewed by the committee, you will be notified by email of a decision.
Have questions? Contact Aboriginal Services