Continuing Education Opportunities

How does this work if I want to continue my education to a career as a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist?
Degree Completion

Students will build valuable knowledge and skills in class and labs, and experience in health care settings in clinical placements, during the two year Therapist Assistant Diploma Program.

Following successful completion of the Okanagan College Therapist Assistant Diploma program students may apply to either the Bachelor of Community Rehabilitation and Disability Services program at the University of Calgary, or the Bachelor of Health Science program at Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops).

University of Calgary - distance/ online learning, or on campus
Thompson Rivers University - distance/ online learning

Once, having successfully completed a Bachelor Degree, the graduate can apply for a Master of Physical Therapy degree (MPT), or a Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) Degree at several Universities across Canada.

What if would like to continue my education to a career as a Recreation Therapist?

Following the Therapist Assistant Diploma program students can explore their opportunities for continuing education at the following institutions:

Douglas College, Vancouver BC - Therapeutic Recreation Diploma and/or Degree  -

Lethbridge Community College in Lethbridge AB – Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation – Gerontology -

Norquest College, Edmonton AB – Therapeutic Recreation Diploma -

Transfer credit would need to be confirmed by the student by them contacting the institution which they are applying to.

For further information contact:

Jennifer Stephenson
Chair, Therapist Assistant Diploma Program Okanagan College, Kelowna