Okanagan College is offering a two-year diploma in digital animation beginning in September 2017. Classes will be in the new Centre for Innovation in downtown Kelowna, and equipped with state of the art technology.
The program focuses on drawing, design and the principles
As an animation student you will develop a thorough understanding of the animation production process from initial concept through to final delivery. You will develop industry standard skills and techniques for animating characters, creating storyboards and designs, and producing layouts, for animation production. You will also acquire a knowledge of the development of the current animation processes through an examination of the history of animation, and develop a comprehensive knowledge of human anatomy to inform animation studies. Artistic skills and sensibilities for observational drawing, composition and perspective drawing are also covered.Students have the opportunity to complete a professional quality, industry-focused demo reel showcasing their design and digital animation skills, a key component of the material required to apply for a job in the animation industry.
Features include:• A state of the art classroom in the new Innovation Centre in downtown Kelowna.
• The latest technology in the field of digital animation.
• Comprehensive drawing classes designed to develop artistic skills, technical dexterity and creative thinking.
• Training by Industry professionals.
• Industry standard production scenarios and professional practices to mimic the production pipeline.
Key ObjectivesThis program provides students who qualify for admission with the industry based skill sets and training necessary to obtain a job in the field of 2D and 3D animation production for television and feature film and the related fields of computer games, multimedia and the web.
Program Goals• Focus on applied learning: from pencil to digital, graduating animators and not just operators.
• Deliver a curriculum which balances artistic skills, industry techniques and applied technology.
• Maintain close relationships with the industry.
• Train artists for a successful career in the 2D or 3D animation industry.
Attend an upcoming info session
Jan. 28 (11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) – Teen Fest – Prince George Civic Centre
For more information about the Animation program, please contact: