Permanent Residents and Canadian students are eligible to apply to the ESL programs. Landed Immigrant status, Permanent Resident, Refugee status or Canadian Citizenship documents are required.
Further details can be found by clicking on English as a Second Language.
How do I apply for daytime ESL classes at Okanagan College?
Apply for ESL classes on our website at www.okanagan.bc.ca.
- Become a Student
- Apply Now
- Apply Online
Or type the following link: https://webapps-5.okanagan.bc.ca/ok/apply/MyApplication.aspx
- Fill out the online application.
- Pay a $30.00 application processing fee.
- Provide - proof of Permanent Residence status, or Canadian citizenship to the Registrar’s Office (S-109).
How much are the fees for ESL classes?
Future tuition fees are unknown at this time, but that information will be made available later this year. There will be some costs for student association fees, textbooks, and school supplies. These additional fees of up to $100 must be paid at the time of registration.
Financial Assistance may be available to help you with the direct costs of your ESL classes. To learn more and get the application, follow this link:
What different classes are offered?
Okanagan College has classes in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
What ESL programs does OC offer?
OC has two programs of classes in Kelowna:
- ESL has two levels.
- EAP (English for Academic Purposes) has four levels.
What level of classes should I take?
Here are the best ways to find out your ESL level:
- Take the academic IELTS (International English Language Test System) test. IELTS tests are offered at Okanagan College throughout the year. Once you have applied to take ESL classes, you can submit your IELTS score level. To find the dates and apply for the IELTS test, please follow this link: http://www.ieltsvancouver.com/dates/
- Take the OCELA (Okanagan College English Language Assessment). This test is normally held a few days before classes begin. Once you have applied to take ESL classes, the admissions office will send a letter giving you the date and time of your OCELA test.
Where are the classes offered?
The ESL classes are offered at the Kelowna campus.
When are the classes offered?
OC has 3 ESL semesters:
- September – December.
- January – April.
- May – August.
Most classes are Monday to Friday from 8:30 – 5:20. You may choose part-time or full-time classes.
How do I register for classes?
After you have submitted your IELTS score or taken the OCELA, you will be given a time to attend an orientation session with an International Education Advisor. At this time, you will be told of your ESL levels and courses.