Medical Insurance & Coverage

Okanagan College requires that all international students have valid medical insurance for the duration of their studies.

Find out what kind of medical insurance you need and how to enroll. medical insurance 
 guardme card
  • Activated automatically for all new students about 5 days before start of semester for 3 months (Bridge Coverage)

  • We automatically enroll all continuing international & exchange students with insurance if proof of MSP has not been received. 

  • Students without a study permit will remain on coverage for duration of studies

  • Cost to student to  $2/day added to student account

  • Early arrivals can purchase addition coverage

  • More Information and Contacts: website  


Medical Services Plan (MSP)

msp card


  • After 3 month wait period

  • Continuous while on Study Permit / Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

  • Monthly premiums determined by BC government and billed directly to students

  • Apply online soon after you arrive in Canada or at the Orientation sessions. See our:' How to Apply for MSP Online' Guide

  • More Information and Contacts: MSP 

Extended Health and Dental Plan
ocsu logo 

vsaoc logo
  • Mandatory additional coverage (Green Shield/ Great-West Life)

  • Enrollment and fees are mandatory for all full time academic students.

  • Administered by your Student Union office (OCSU or VSAOC in Vernon)

  • Online Opt-out is available if you are covered by an equivalent plan (such as by your employer).

  • or MSP do not replace the Extended Health & Dental Plan.

  • More information and contacts: Student Organizations

Contact Us

International Education office (Kelowna)

Tel: (250) 862-5443


Related Links