- Canada-BC Integrated Student Loan
- Interest-free Status
- Canada Student Grant for Persons from Low Income Families
- Canada Student Grant for Persons from Middle Income Families
- Canada Student Grant for Persons with Dependants (under 12 years of age)
- Canada Student Grant for Persons with Permanent Disabilities
- BC Access Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
- BC Supplemental Bursary for Students with Permanent Disabilities
BC Residents apply online at StudentAid BC
- The StudentAid BC online application for full-time studies (for classes starting between August 1 and July 31 the following year) is available in early June - for more information please visit StudentAid BC.
NOTE: Students in term based, diploma and degree programs at Okanagan College complete one online student loan application for each semester of study.
You are eligible for interest-free status if you:
- Are attending Okanagan College full-time
- Have started (or are within 30 days of starting), or have not finished your study period
- Have not received funding for your current study period
- Have student loan in good-standing
Once you have submitted your application you will receive confirmation from the National Student Loan Service Centre that your application has been approved. You will not need to make payments on your loan for six months after your studies end.
Course Load Requirements:
To be eligible for loans and/or grants for full-time study, you must be enrolled in and attend at least 60% of a full course load (40% for students with permanent disabilities as approved by StudentAid BC) for the entire educational period covered by your application. The minimum 60% course load requirement as outlined by Okanagan College is:
- All university transfer, degree and diploma programs: 9 credits per semester
- All vocational, trades and health certificate programs: the full program as outlined in the Okanagan College Calendar
NOTE: If you will be taking less than the full program, you must speak with a Financial Awards Assistant to ensure you are enrolled in at least 60% of a full course load (40% for students with permanent disabilities as approved by StudentAid BC) for the entire educational period covered by your application.
Previously passed courses and courses which are audited, waitlisted, Adult Academic and Career Preparation (upgrading), and PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) are NOT counted in the minimum course load requirement. It is your responsibility to ensure that the courses you are registered in meet the minimum course load requirement. Should you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid & Awards Office.