Event Planning Guide


The highly anticipated Okanagan College Internal and External Online Room/Event Booking Request Forms, has been launched!  Please click here for the Internal Link and here for the External Link

Items to Consider

Who to Contact/Where to go

Booking the Room: Check to see if the space is available for the time and date you require it.

Go to MyOkanagan,  Employee Home Page -> Administrative Functions -> Facilities -> Find a Room/Booking Reports

Are additional chairs, tables, podiums or lecterns required? Does the configuration of the room need to be changed?

Contact skfacilities@okanagan.bc.ca and submit an online Work Request at least two weeks prior to your event

Do you have audio-visual requirements?

Many of our rooms are fully equipped with A/V equipment. If you require specialized A/V gear, check our AV Booking system to see if we have what you require.

Sandwich boards announcing your event and directing participants to the correct building.

Contact skfacilities@okanagan.bc.ca or submit an online Work Request at least one week prior to your event

Help with hanging any banners

Complete an online Work Request one week prior to your event

Request to advertise on the KLO electronic signage road sing.

Submit a request to publicaffairs@okanagan.bc.ca

Are special parking arrangements necessary?

Contact skfacilities@okanagan.bc.ca

Rental and set up of tents from Avalon.

Contact Graham Kershaw for approval and then Contact Avalon rentals directly

Picnic tables arranged for your event

Complete an online Work Request two weeks prior to your event


Contact skfacilities@okanagan.bc.ca to get approval and a recommended source for the fencing.


Contact Linda Dyck Food Services

Campus Liquor Application Form 

Internal / External: You can find this form through the Booking App. by selecting 'Yes' to serving Liquor. Complete the form and submit it to Event Booking OR contract eventbookingkelowna@okanagan.bc.ca for the form


If extra security is required for an event, there will be a charge to the requesting department. Please submit the online Work Request at least two weeks before the event.

Music Licensing
Playing music at your event requires you to pay music licensing fees to SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) and Re:Sound (representing artists and record companies).You will be contacted for details.