EmergenciesAn emergency is any situation that requires immediate police, fire, or medical response in order to preserve life or property.
For an immediate emergency response dial 9-1-1. For immediate but non-urgent assistance, please contact the campus security office on your campus and/or submit a security incident report.
- Call 9-1-1
- After calling 9-1-1, call your local campus security office and report the emergency
- Inform the security office that you called 9-1-1
- Security will dispatch an emergency responder to assist you.
Situations requiring a 9-1-1 emergency response include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serious assaults or immediate danger of assault, including sexual assault
- Chemical/hazardous materials spills
- Crimes in progress
- Fires (activate nearest fire alarm and an emergency response is automatic)
- Bomb Threats
- Severe injuries or illness
- Someone choking or drowning
- Unusual odours (gas leaks, smoke, burning substance)
- Other Emergencies
- When in doubt, call 9-1-1.
|Important Phone Numbers|
Kelowna Campus Security ext. 6699 or 250-317-2435
Penticton Campus Security ext. 6699 or 250-486-3879
Salmon Arm Campus Security ext. 6699 or 250-317-2435
Vernon Campus Security ext. 6699 or 250-307-4574
Building Safety Problems ext. 4544 or 250-862-5444
Occupational Health & Safety ext. 5475 or 250-862-5475
|Bomb Threat Procedures
Lethal Violence Response Procedures
Employee Family Assistance Program
Health, Safety & Emergency Management Services
Human Resource Policies/Agreements
Okanagan College Security Manual
Safe Disclosure Policy
Work Safe BC