Changes to ESL and EAP at Okanagan College




Learning English?

We are here to help with classes, and financial aid

Okanagan College has many English as a Second Language (ESL) and English for Academic Purposes  (EAP) classes at Kelowna campus to help you learn English.

Recently, the College announced Permanent Resident (PR) and Canadian students would be charged tuition for ESL and EAP classes. But there is
significant financial help for those with your tuition through the BC government's Adult Upgrading Grant or Okanagan College’s Upgrading Bursary.

Visit our online resource or phone financial aid staff at 1-800-767-5492 to learn more. Also check our Frequently Asked Questions (and answers!).

Apply, enrol and we’ll try to help with your tuition.


ESL and EAP Financial aid from the province, Okanagan College, or both is available. Financial aid can cover tuition costs for Permanent Residents, Protected persons and Canadian Citizens taking ESL and EAP level 1 and 2 classes. Students taking EAP level 3 and 4 classes may also qualify for this help, dependent on income levels. The provincial grant may also help with other costs such as transportation, supplies, and unsubsidized childcare.

Financial Aid at Okanagan College
1 800-767-5492

Send us an email

Visit your campus administration office in Salmon Arm, Vernon, or Penticton or stop in at the Student Services Centre on the Kelowna Campus.