You tried to register for a course and it's full. What happens next? You may waitlist through your myOkanagan account for a course. View the videos below for How-to Join a Waitlist or How-to Register for a Waitlisted Course. You can also view the Step-By-Step Online Registration Guide for additional instructions.
How-to Join a Waitlist How-to Register for a Waitlisted Course
To view in full screen click the icon on the bottom right of the video.
I am waitlisted for my course. What does that mean?
- You are not registered in the course.
- You are not charged for the course.
- Your name will not be on the class list.
- Attendance in class is not permitted.
I am on the waitlist. How do I get into my class?Waitlist dates are set by the Registrar’s Office.
|Starting on the 1st business day of Dec.||Any seats available will be indicated by a "WH" and you may register. The seat will be held for 24 hours to register. After 24 hours unclaimed seats will be offered to the next students on the waitlist|
|Jan 11, 2018 4:00 p.m.||Waitlists are dissolved.|
|Jan 11, 2018 (midnight)||Anyone can register online for the remaining available seats on a first-come, first-serviced basis. (In-person registration available Jan 12, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.)|
What else do I need to know?
- "Wait List" indicates you are waitlisted for the course. "Wait Seat Available" ("WH") indicates that a seat is being held for you.
- Students are encouraged on a regular basis to login to myOkanagan and check the status of their waitlisted courses (at least once a day during the waitlist period). Telephone inquiries regarding your waitlists will not be accepted.
- Arts/Science students may register and/or waitlist in a combined total of courses not exceeding 18 credits.
- You cannot be registered in one section of a course and waitlisted in another section of the same course.
- Further information can be found in the Course Waitlist Policy section of the Calendar.