You tried to register for a course and it's full. What happens next? You may waitlist through your myOkanagan account for a course. View the videos below for How-to Join a Waitlist or How-to Register for a Waitlisted Course. You can also view the Step-By-Step Online Registration Guide for additional instructions.
How-to Join a Waitlist How-to Register for a Waitlisted Course
To view in full screen click the icon on the bottom right of the video.
I am waitlisted for my course. What does that mean?
- You are not registered in the course.
- You are not charged for the course.
- Your name will not be on the class list.
- Attendance in class is not permitted.
I am on the waitlist. How do I get into my class?Waitlist dates are set by the Registrar’s Office.
|Starting on the 1st business day of Aug.||Any seats available will be indicated by "WH" and you may register. The seat will be held for 48 hours to register. After 48 hours unclaimed seats will be offered to the next students on the waitlist.|
|Sept 14, 2016 4:00 p.m.||Waitlists are dissolved.|
|Sept 14, 2016 (midnight)||Anyone can register online for the remaining available seats on a first-come, first serviced basis. (In-person registration available Sept 15 at 8:30 a.m.)|
|Starting on the 1st business day of Dec.||Any seats available will be indicated by a "WH" and you may register. The seat will be held for 48 hours to register. After 48 hours unclaimed seats will be offered to the next students on the waitlist|
|Jan 11, 2017 4:00 p.m.||Waitlists are dissolved.|
|Jan 11, 2017 (midnight)||Anyone can register online for the remaining available seats on a first-come, first-serviced basis. (In-person registration available Jan 12, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.)|
What else do I need to know?
- "Wait List" indicates you are waitlisted for the course. "Wait Seat Available" ("WH") indicates that a seat is being held for you.
- Students are encouraged on a regular basis to login to myOkanagan and check the status of their waitlisted courses (at least once a day during the waitlist period). Telephone inquiries regarding your waitlists will not be accepted.
- Arts/Science students may register and/or waitlist in a combined total of courses not exceeding 18 credits.
- You cannot be registered in one section of a course and waitlisted in another section of the same course.
- Further information can be found in the Course Waitlist Policy section of the Calendar.